Clear or Ceramic Braces
Do you want a straighter smile but are worried about how you’ll look with braces on? Then clear ceramic braces are a great solution for you. As compared to traditional metal braces, clear ceramic braces are relatively less visible and aesthetically pleasing. Strong and resilient, ceramic braces are becoming a popular choice for teeth straightening among teens and adults who seek a more discreet orthodontic treatment.
If you are looking for clear ceramic braces in Rome, NY, visit us at Rome Orthodontics. Based on your comprehensive smile assessment, we will customize your treatment plan so you get the best possible results from your ceramic braces. This orthodontic treatment will eventually help enhance your smile and greatly improve your dental health because straighter teeth make oral hygiene easy and considerably reduce the risk of decay, cavities, bad breath, gum diseases, and associated oral problems.
Big Differences between Ceramic Braces and Traditional Braces
- Unlike metal braces, ceramic braces are designed using clear materials which make them much less noticeable.
- The wires and brackets used in ceramic braces are customized to match with the natural shade of your teeth due to which they seamlessly blend with your teeth as compared to metal braces that are easily visible even from a distance.
- Clear ceramic braces are relatively more expensive than traditional braces but the fact that they are nearly invisible but equally efficient, gives you the confidence to wear them in public and this feature far outweighs the cost.
3 Care Tips to Keep Your Ceramic Braces in Top Shape
Clear ceramic braces are susceptible to staining and so, you should always clean your teeth and rinse your mouth after consuming dark-colored foods or beverages like tea, coffee, soda, mustard, wine, berries, and anything that can stain your teeth easily.
Ensure that food particles don’t get stuck in the wires and brackets of your clear braces with regular flossing and rinsing. This will also help you avoid cavities and staining.
Avoid using teeth whitening toothpaste during your orthodontic treatment as it cannot clean behind those brackets and wires and so, when your braces come off, that covered area will leave behind dark spots that are clearly visible.
Why Choose Clear Ceramic Braces
- Even though the structure of ceramic braces is similar to that of metal braces, they are less obvious as they can be made to blend with the color of your teeth.
- The ceramic brackets used in clear braces are smaller in size and so, they take up less space as compared to the brackets in metal braces, making them a more comfortable and visually pleasing alternative.
- The bonding agent used in clear or ceramic braces gives superior adhesive strength and does not demineralize your tooth enamel, so your braces remain strong and resilient throughout your orthodontic treatment.
- The arch wire used in ceramic braces is essentially metal but it can be customized to appear white, frosted or silver to match the natural shade of your enamel which makes them nearly undetectable.
- Ceramic braces are comparatively easier to remove once your treatment is completed. The recent advancements in dental technology have made it possible to remove braces while greatly reducing the chances of damage to your enamel.
- Since ceramic braces are made using alumina compounds, they are more flexible and non-porous.
Enhance your smile today with our top-quality and cost-effective clear ceramic braces. Visit our dental clinic in Rome, NY to transform your smile confidently without any hassles of metal braces.
Schedule an Appointment